Friends, Romans, and Countrymen, lend me your ears!
Do you wanna be my Facebook friend? Well then, let me enlighten you on a few of my "rules"...
1. DON'T SEND ME FARMVILLE INVITES!!! Yes, that was all caps.
2. please don't bore me with posts like "I'm going to bed" or "I'm awake now".
3. Make sure the words supercell, tornado, storm chaser, lightning, or any other weather words are not part of your Facebook "name", please!
4. Please honor my Christian convictions by not posting exceptionally rude, nasty, or dirty posts in your status updates. I respect your choices in your lifestyle, please respect mine.
5. Keep in mind that while I welcome questions from new chasers, spotters, and the like but please PLEASE do not act like a veteran chaser when you're not. That will get you on the dreaded chaser blacklist fast!!
These new rules are a direct result of a "friend" that decided to get cute and post something really nasty in his status, sparking a whole host of other nasty remarks. Now please keep in mind that I am very tolerant up to a point, but when that point is breached, then I'm done. Now I don't mind occasional four-letter words now and then, but this dude's post was totally off the charts. Trust me, I am not Mr. Perfect either, and I don't want to come off like that. But knowing that I am a youth pastor, I cannot let my youth friends see that I in any way condone that sort of garbage (speaking of the nasty stuff).
Wow, that sounds kind of uppity, huh? Despite the way that it sounds, I do consider it a privilege to have so many friends on FB and I wish to keep it that way, but I cannot and will not tolerate junk posts like this fella posted yesterday.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Wow. Just looked at my last post and it was about the historic ice storm that couldn't..lol. Let's see, what have I been doing...new heater core in my truck, can't find my Ram laptop stand, bought a 2001 Tahoe 4X4 to chase in this year, recovering from bronchitis, been busy with Extreme Chase Tours, being a dad, husband, youth pastor, working, and whatever else I have forgot. Oh yeah, and been seriously trying to avoid all the chaser drama that is happening. Like every other year, chasers get a bad case of SDS and think they own the world, and get on each others' cases. You can always find good entertainment with the chasing community!!