Sunday, May 11, 2008

Deadly tornado outbreak in Oklahoma, Missouri

Here is a graphic from the Storm Prediction Center that depicts all of the storm reports from yesterday.

May 10, 2008 will long be remembered as another very bad tornado outbreak. As of this writing, over 20 people have died in this tragedy, including infants. I really have no explanation why I didn't chase yesterday, but I didn't. I called and apologized to my station, as I feel that I let them down.

The ministry that I head up, Mission of Compassion, is already making plans to go either to Picher, or into southwest Missouri, where there is total devastation. we will be gathering supplies to be distributed to folks that have lost their homes like water, diapers, food, hygiene items, etc. As I woke up this morning I cried and cried because of this tragedy. I have to help, it's my calling to comfort those in need.

I know that the Red Cross is already on scene, but there are always places that the Lord provides for us to deliver these badly needed supplies, mostly at different churches throughout the affected area.

If you are interested in helping with this effort, please contact me through my e-mail address: ontheedgeyouth@sbcglobal.net ,and I will contact you with options... more later...

No comments: