Friday, April 10, 2009

Tornadoes in Arkansas....

This is an email I sent a few minutes ago. I will post more thoughts later when I have a bit more time....

Good afternoon,
As you all know, a tornado tore through Mena, Arkansas last night. The twister killed 3 and injured more. News reports says that 600 homes are uninhabitable (I am not sure how accurate that number is). I have spoken with friends in the area and they confirm that the situation is bad. Please be in prayer for the residents of Mena as well as other communities affected by the storms. And yes, we will be organizing Mission of Compassion number seven soon. Details to follow in the coming days as needs are identified….

Also be in prayer for the folks in Tennessee, Alabama, Kentucky, and Georgia. As of now, there are tornado warnings throughout those areas.

No comments: