Wednesday, July 1, 2009

As the boat turns....

Ok, new starter installed last night and guess what?? No fix! Just grunted so I decided to prove or disprove my hunch that I was afraid to realize and pull the spark plugs. Guess what? I have water in the cylinders!!!!!!! Since the engine is new, this could only be due to a couple of things. 1. a cracked exhaust manifold--it is a "wet" exhaust system. 2. A bad gasket in between the exhaust manifold and the "riser" that looked suspicious and should have been replaced upon reinstalling the engine.

Tonight after church I am replacing the riser gasket in hopes of finally resolving the problem of me being mad at the boat and very grouchy:-)

I'll update later...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

So.... what happened?!?!?!

JEFF SMITH PHOTOGRAPHY said...

I haven't replaced tha gasket yet. I am gonna work on it this afternoon after work and take the boat out & see if that solved the problem.....I'll update tomorrow:-)