Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Meso lapse..

I sped this up to 8x. Near Colony, northwest of Cordell, Oklahoma. Time was approx. 7:30pm. We broke off these two sups just west of OKC around midnight thinking that we needed to get back towards Tulsa. I thought that they looked like junk at the time, little did we know that an hour later that storm would put down an EF-1 tornado in OKC!! I made a joke about going home to sleep a couple of hours, then get up early and intercept the same two supercells in our area! We all laughed at that, but you know what? That's EXACTLY what I did. I was on a tornado warned storm in NW Rogers County at 7:30am Monday morning!!! I'm pretty sure that this was the same storm that we were on west of OKC!! What a crazy couple of days.

On another note, I am heartbroken over the two year old child that died because of flood waters. I wish that folks would realize the dangers of driving over a flooded road. I know that child is with Jesus now, but the lady that was driving the car (not sure that she was the mother) will have to live with that decision for the rest of her life. PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE INTO A FLOODED ROADWAY!!!! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW DEEP THE WATER IS!!

No comments: