Monday, January 12, 2009

Mission of Compassion inspiring story....



Well, I have a story to tell. Last May, we went on a Mission of Compassion to the devastated areas of Picher, Ok. and Seneca, Mo. See my blog entry here from last May. While there, we helped clean a couple of hay fields of debris. One of "my" kids found a picture of two toddlers smiling for the camera. We asked around, and nobody recognized the boys so I took the picture with us where it stayed clipped to my sun visor reminding me of why we do this; to help hurting people that have been affected by nature's worst, and offer them love and comfort, along with needed commodities.
I have a friend that I recently saw that lives near Seneca. I told him of this picture that I have been keeping. He said, why don't I just take it back with me and I will post it at the feed store at Hwy 43 & Iris Rd. (This feed store was destroyed in the tornado & later rebuilt). I sent the pic with him...
I got a call this morning, and Pete told me that he posted the pic at the new feed store. The next day, he noticed that it was gone! He asked about the missing pic and a nice lady working there thanked him for posting the pic and told him that the picture was taken years ago and was of her two brothers! Their home was also destroyed in the tornado. What an ending to a story, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome 8)