Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Close call!!

Well, it was a great Christmas! I had family over, we had dinner, laughed, finally cleaned most of my yard up, I almost had a 60+ year old tree fall on my house (and myself) with my wife standing close by, and I ate too much. I really thought that the tree would fall the other way.....I cut a wedge in it, then cut at it from the other side, but when it finally started falling, it fell the wrong way! It hit a tree closer to my house, and a 6 inch limb shot off of it and hit my house and damaged my gutter right above Michelle's head! I am not sure if I have ever been that scared before......I said, "God don't let this tree hit anybody or my house" right as I was running to get out of the way, and He answered my prayer! God really looks out for stupid people. My lumberjack days are over. Time to call the pros.....

No comments: