Thursday, December 13, 2007

What is important??

Day four without power in Verdigris......

After contemplating the great ice storm of 2007, also the largest power outage in the history of Oklahoma, I was up at 3:00am wondering why we rely so much on creature comforts such as electricity......yes, I said creature comforts!! God has "loaned" us everything we have(no, we cannot take it with us when we go), and so it is His to take back anytime he wants. No questions asked... so, along that line, I think(my opinion only) that maybe God wants us to slow down and realize what is important. As I tried to sleep in my living room floor last night, I realized gone are the movies, video games, and TV, but what remains? Family and friends. That's what's important--the only thing that is more important should be your relationship with God. End of story.

No comments: