Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The sun will come out.....tomorrow........maybe

Day nine without power......VVEC says they don't know when power will be restored.....most of my neighbors now have power except for my side of the street.....

Ok, this is getting a little hard for my family. I start to wonder if we should have just taken a cruise or something (like I could afford that). Beginning to wonder about Christmas & how we will have money to pay the bills and buy the kids a little something for Christmas. We know that Christmas is not about presents, but we celebrate our Savior's birth by remembering why He had to come down here in the first place, and by giving gifts, because the best & most important Gift has already been given. Total expenses so far for keeping my family warm & fed-----about 1,200.00, give or take. But know this, we are better prepared when this happens again!

I could ramble about the problems I have had with VVEC, but it would not help the situation. What will help is what I already have, friends praying for me. I just got a message from a good friend & he said "I was just checking up on you & praying for you." Brother, you do not know how that simple statement has helped. As I thought about this message, tears welled up & I am so thankful for friends........

Maybe today will be the day that my power comes back on........

No comments: