Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day 6 without power........

I am growing tired and impatient with my electric company. I understand that the linemen and crews are doing all that they can, but I am disappointed with the administration. VVEC started with 9,000 homes without power last Monday, and I heard that on Friday that they were down to 5,000. I also heard that my house may be back on by Wednesday! And others will be dark until Dec. 23rd!!! About half of my addition is back online but I have the line down in my backyard.......
I actually got some good rest last night....about 6 hours of sleep.

It is misting/snowing right now, some call it "snizzle". I am prepared, I bought a Poulan chainsaw yesterday so I can now vent my frustration & stress out on the poor fallen trees:)

Please understand, I am extremely proud of our electric crews, especially those that came from other areas, but my rural company I am extremely dissatisfied with. Crews have been in my neighborhood, so I ask while they are out here, why can't they repair my line? What is their strategy? Most of the time, you cannot even get through to VVEC........I wonder if my bill was late would they tolerate my phone being constantly busy? Or would they simply disconnect my service?

In the dark........

No comments: