Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ok, time for a rant...

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=9386164

Read this article...and PLEASE pay attention to the part that states that the children involved in the accident had lost their mother "some time ago" and the grandmother was taking care of them. Well, thanks to a total idiot that decided to get loopy and then drive around, the kids have a new tragedy on their hands, that's if the little girl survives.
This lady blew a .12 and had been reported to our boys in blue well before this tragedy but communication evidently broke down between the 911 dispatcher & the units on the streets. Now I appreciate our police and totally respect them--that's not my beef. My problem is two-fold, 1. this lady should not have been on the streets to begin with. 2. I have called 911 on SEVERAL occasions only to be switched multiple times, put on hold, even hung up on! Reports show that several folks called this lady in as she went from hwy 169 to the BA to hwy 75, more than enough time to have avoided this tragedy. It's not the police that need fixing, it's the system of receiving & dispatching these urgent calls for help that needs a 911 call itself....and FAST!!
How many more people will have to die? How many more kids will grow up without a mommy or daddy? FIX THE SYSTEM, TULSA!!

Now to the real issue, drinking & driving. I implore...no...I beg you...if you drink, do us all a favor and get someone to drive you home...please!!! Now if you have known me for a while, you know that I am a recovered alcoholic(yes, I said recovered, ask me about it sometime). So believe me when I say that I am not perfect, and I have been in this position(drinking & driving), albeit not for the last 9 years. I am totally ashamed of it but I know when you think that you've had a few & think you can handle it, but it only takes one screw up and your life is changed forever, not to mention the innocent bystanders. Please don't do it!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I feel terrible for these kids.

No comments: